Sunday, November 19, 2006

Rest

With my achilles thingy (or whatever it is, don't actually think it's the tendon) bothering me, I decided to take the day off. It was a tough decision though because I wanted to go over 60 miles for the week, but having done my long run yesterday and having a marathon in 6 days, it was probably the right thing to do.

This week I'll do 8, ~8 with some at MP, 6, 6, 0, race, rest! For the marathon pace run, I'm planning to try the "EF" run that's described at http://teamoregon.com/publications/marathon/tapering.html
The short EF run is an easy paced run (75-80% effort) with 6 -
8 marathon race pace strides of around 200 yards interspersed
throughout.
My tenth-mile track happens to be 160 meters which is kinda close to 200 yards. I can do a nbhrd loop and a half, then head to the track and alternate marathon pace and easy pace 6-8 time, then complete the second loop. What pace? I think I want to get a feel for 8:30 pace since that's what I'll start with. 8:30 is 51 secs/lap.

I'm going to play it by ear this week, resting as much as is need to have my leg feel better each day.

week
53 miles
shoes
wc7-2: 375 + 8 = 383
wc7-3: 214 + 0 = 214
wr9-1: 43 + 45 = 88

No comments: