Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Recovery 12 miles

Today's training: 12.05 miles, 2:11:45 (10:57 min/mi), 144 avg/153 max/2:00 above 150

Running is humbling. After a very good run on Sunday, today was ugly. The cross-country travel , lack of sleep, and congestion and sneezing (allergies?) probably didn't help. It was also 70+ degrees and I ran in the mid-day sun with no heat. As I often do when I travel, I didn't drink enough water either (despite my own advice).

I also think that my foot pod isn't correctly calibrated. I wore it with new shoes today (although the exact same model).

With the excuses out of the way, I can say, unequivocally, I was slow. (I got sunburned to boot.)

Update: It appears my foot pod calibration was bad. I calibrated the new shoe/pod combination and correcting with that calibration factor this mileage pace was 12.63 miles and 10:26 min/mi, which isn't nearly as bad.

No comments: