Monday, March 06, 2006

Schedule? -- Rest

Today's training: Rest
Weight: 170

I'm not sure what to do with this hamstring. The back of my left leg is a little swollen (puffy) and I can't quite walk fluidly. All-in-all I don't think I did much damage yesterday, but I'm seriously considering no more running until the marathon. I supposed wouldn't lose much fitness with a week off, but I don't know. Here's the schedule
  • Monday. Rest.
  • Tuesday. Rest. (Pfitz calls for 6 recovery miles.)
  • Wednesday. Pfitz calls for 7 miles w/ 2 at marathon pace. I'm debating either doing this or resting. Marathon pace here would be no faster than 9 min/mi and done on a track. I almost think I have to do this for my psyche. Need to make sure I take plenty of time to warm up if I do it.
  • Thursday. Rest.
  • Friday. Rest. (Pfitz calls for 5 miles w/ 6x100m strides. No way I'd do strides.)
  • Saturday. Rest. (Pfitz calls for recovery 4 miles, but frankly I don't see how this can help other than psychologically.)
  • Sunday. Marathon.

Marathon goal is 4 hours or a DNF with spectacular visual evidence of hamstring trauma.

No comments: