Friday, March 10, 2006

carbo-loading, marathon weather -- Rest

Today's training: Rest
Weight:174

Carbo-loading. Here's all I'm doing. Drink a lot of water. Don't anything with a lot of fat (don't eat anything with more then 20% fat by calories). Avoid sugar. Eat when I'm hungry. This means I'm eating sandwiches with lots of bread and no cheese/no mayo. Eating pita chips. Clif bars. Pancakes and eggs. Pasta, etc. I've been trying not to overeat, but not letting my stomach growl either. I'm also eating breakfast (Cheerios hardly have any sugar), which I don't normally do. I've actually gained 4 pounds since Monday. Whether it's true or not, for the sake of my psyche, I'm just going to assume it's all water and glycogen in my muscles.

Marathon weather. The predictions just keep getting warm. Now they're predicting a low of 59 and a high of 73. The averages for the day are 36/54. Ugh. They're also predicting scattered showers in the morning, which I suppose means it's humid, but also means it's probably cloudy. Weather is just another reason to be cautious.

No comments: