Wednesday, March 29, 2006

knee -- Recovery 3 miles

Today's training: 3.04 miles, neighborhood, 31:43 (10:26 min/mi), avg 136/max 151/0:10 over 150

When I started out I felt a little pain below my knee that I wasn't familiar with. I decide to take it very slow and see if it loosened up. It did and I thought things were going well. I had the idea that maybe my recovery days between the longer runs were still too fast to be true recovery days and I'd knock my heart rate down another 5 beats or so (didn't adjust the alarm though). I was pretty pleased with my low heart rate and decent speed until I crested the hill at 3 miles and on the way down my knee really started to bother me. It was the usual inside of the knee pain where it doesn't seem to "groove" right and pushing off when it's bent hurts, but this time it feels much worse. I walked home with a semi-limp. I guess running in to work is out for tomorrow and I'm hoping to get better by the 10 mile race on Sunday.

I need to rethink my schedule some. I believe the "true" recovery days will help me keep the mileage (particulary running in twice), but I'm not sure.

No comments: