Tuesday, April 08, 2008

only 30 miles in 5 days

I decided to take an extra easy day after the race. Normally, I'd do 12 on Tuesday, but I just did another 5 and plan to do 12 on Wed and 14 on Fri (sliding by a day). With the two easy days before the race and the two easy days after, I've only done 30 miles over 5 days. I feel like a complete slug, but I think it was probably a wise decision.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow. I'm thinking of doing something like a set of 5 hard/5 easy in the middle or some kind of fartlek. I'm still a little concerned about my hamstring tendon/knee thing though, so I'll play it by ear.

They're having a supported 20-mile run on part of the marathon course on Sunday, so I'm planning on doing that. I hope to do the 20 a little faster than I have my other long runs -- maybe something like 8:45 pace. That would be easier with some company.

No comments: