Tuesday, April 15, 2008

6 easy am; 6 easy pm

I would normally do 12 today and was hoping to do 12 with 5:00 hard/5:00 easy in the middle. Unfortunately, my body wouldn't cooperate. I decided to limit myself (again) to < 1hr runs. I ran 6 in the morning and 6 at night -- both easy. The "ankle" seems to be whatever muscle/tendon you stretch when you pull up on the pinky toe-side of your foot. Fortunately it isn't my achilles, but you use whatever those muscles are to either side to stabilize and also put some load on them with each step. I *think* I'll be all right.

I'm bummed I can't get a good workout in, but I'm happy to be running at all. I only have a little more than 2.5 weeks until the marathon. I was hoping for some final sharpening to get me over the hump, but I'm not sure that will happen.

No comments: