Wednesday, February 27, 2008

jet lagged

I had a whirlind 2 days. Woke up at 4 am Monday to catch a 6 am flight to LA. Drove 100 miles when I got there. Worked 1-5, collapsed, got up at 4:30 to run 12 miles, worked 8-5, drove 100 miles, flew the red eye back, got home at 10 am this morning, napped, coached basketball, went to "math night," sat down at the computer to type this.

I'm considering those 18 miles a moral victory. My legs were still pretty sore from the 20 on Sunday. I've had sore on the back of my legs (hamstring, knee, upper calf). I think this comes from running a little faster *and* from wearing my wave precisions. They let me fall back into my heel-striking ways. I wore the Free 7.0's today and my piggy toe seemed perfectly fine. I noticed that I was running differently and I believe better. Still, I think the Free 7.0's heel is way too big.

Next up: 5am alarm and 14 miles.

If it hasn't been clear, as much as I say it, the 10-miler isn't my goal. I won't really have another goal until I BQ. I hope I get that knocked off soon, because I don't know how much longer I can keep this up. I also know I'm not going to BQ if I don't get my weight under control. It's heading in the wrong direction. I've narrowed the cause down to all the food I keep stuffing in my face.

No comments: