Tuesday, January 29, 2008

a few days in St Louis or how I learned to love the treadmill


Mo: 10.27/8:09/???? am, 4.00/9:09/133 -- I got home at 12:30 am from Disney World. Slept to about 8 and got in my 10 miles. I forgot to put the Garmin on the charger after getting home. I got the start time though and could power back up to get the stop time (clock time), so I could get pace. Went to work and then flew to St Louis. I knew it was going to be tough to get runs in, so I stole another 4 miles on the treadmill. No Garmin again, but I sampled HR at .5, 1.5, 2.5, and 3.5 and averaged them. Treadmill running is the only real option given the dicey area around the airport.

Tu: 8.00/8:50/136. Got up at 5am to make sure I got a treadmill for long enough. I planned to do an hour but stole some extra miles, worried again about getting miles while here.

We: 7.00/8:49/133. They moved the start time for the meeting up an hour, so 7 miles was already pressing it.

Getting to 70 miles a week isn't easy. Four pretty good runs in 3 days puts you a mile behind the pace. I'm mixing the runs though, so a long run on Sunday should make up some ground. The good news is that my pace/heart rate is as good as I can ever remember it on a treadmill (I'm generally lousy on those things.)

No comments: