Monday, February 27, 2006

This week's schedule -- Rest

Today's Training: Rest
Weight: 170

This week's schedule
  • Monday. Rest
  • Tuesday. 8 miles w/ 3x1600m @5K jog 2 minutes in between
  • Wednesday. General aerobic + spd 7 miles w/ 6x100m strides
  • Thursday. Rest
  • Friday. Medium long run 12 miles
  • Saturday. Rest (rest on a Saturday! taper is my new favorite word)
  • Sunday. Medium long run 12 miles.

I had to flip-flop Tuesday and Wednesday from the Pfitz schedule for convenience. Hopefully, I'll be rested up enough to do intervals without hurting myself tomorrow. I feel OK, but 1600m intervals again make me question Pfitz's sanity. 3x1600m @ 5K pace is almost running a 5K! I really need to make sure I don't run any laps faster than 5K pace, which is 44 seconds per 0.1-mile lap for me. You got that Greg, 44 seconds! I'm also condsidering extending the rest period to get my heart rate down. Bob Glover recommends 130 bpm. Looking at my January 24th 0.6 mile intervals with ~2 minutes rest, I only got down to the low 150s during the recovery. I'm not sure I can get below 130 in a reasonable amount of time without walking, however.

No comments: