Friday, February 24, 2006

Back pain -- Recovery 4 miles

Today's training: 3.89 miles, neighborhood 3-mile loop, 37:58 (9:45 mi/mi), avg 142 bpm

The distance is again accurate. 3.89 t6 distance versus 3.90 for google earth.

I felt very strong today and a little guilty. The mileage has been so low this week with only 9 miles in the last 3 days (including today). I know Pfitz is setting me up for a 10K I'm not running, which is why I feel guilty. My legs felt like they wanted to run a 10K this morning. I suppose I'll be well-rested for my heart rate test on Saturday (although I barely slept last night). To ease the guilt I might tack a few more miles on tomorrow, but I won't go over 10 total. I have 16 scheduled for Sunday.

Back pain. It's about 8 pm and after professing my strength this morning, my back is killing me. It hurts on the right side a few inches below my rib cage, when I pick up my right leg.

No comments: