Friday, February 17, 2006

General Aerobic 10 miles

Today's training: 10 miles, 3-mile neighborhood loop (snow is gone!), 1:35:10 (9:30 min/mi), avg 148 bpm.

Jet lagged after flying across the country, I ran shortly after I got home at about 6pm. I still had a very slight burning in my quads left from the 10K and a little of the "tired in the teeth" feeling from Wednesday's intervals, but after the first couple of miles, I warmed up and felt good.
I did the normal routine and set the max HR for 160 although I let myself go above it for short periods on some uphills (you can see my cheating on the graph). I figure it doesn't make that much difference and I just want to break the habit. The big downward spikes in heart rate correspond to walking down "knee break" hill.

I was having pain to the right of my left knee when on hills. I started walking some downhills and it got better. I still walk the steepest descent (it's ridiculously steep). Tonight was the first time in weeks though my knee acted up. I only noticed it when walking after the run. It was a little swollen and I put an ice pack on it.

Suunto distance was again off. The watch read 10.22 at the end. STraM then said 10.16 after downloading. I think the 3 mile loop is probably a few hundredths shy and I know the first "mile" mark I use is a little short (the second is a little long).

Tomorrow is a 4 mile recovery. I think I'll jog to the track and recalibrate the foot pod. Sunday is the last 20 miler. Don't want to screw this up. Hopefully all this short stuff the last two weeks hasn't made me soft.

No comments: