Wednesday, June 28, 2006

8 miles

Trying to sort out the shoe situation. Wore the shoes I believe are grass-stained today (WC4). After some educated guesses and log review, I believe I have 380 miles on WC4 (grass stained) and 298 miles on WC5.

Out and back to Hun. Blvd on bike path. Took "shortcut" through half basketball court. I just google earthed it. It was 8.24 miles.

I finally learned. I have to go out at really low heart rates like I did before. I knew this. I've said to myself, but I guess reckoning with just how slow that would be wasn't something my ego would let me do, so I ended up going too "fast" and fighting the monitor. Anyway, I took it *very* easy today (probably too easy). The way out was 46:47/131(!) (11:21 min/mi) and back was 44:29/138 (10:48 min/mi). Average heart rate was 136 bpm. All in all, almost perfrect. I say I should have gone a little faster out and maybe a little slower on the way back, but I felt great at the end and the level of effort was like those first maffetone runs. No demoralizing shuffling and beeping!

Still humid. Temp was 69.8F, dew point was 68.6.

No comments: