Tuesday, March 23, 2010

week of 15 March

  • Mo - 7.9 @ 9:09
  • Tu - 7.9 @ 9:15
  • We AM - 7.9 @ 9:15
  • We PM - 2.1 @ 9:33 (wore ronins)
  • Th AM - 8.2 @ 8:06 -- double out and back when I forgot my keys
  • Th PM - 2.1 @ 9:24 -- wore Frees
  • Fr AM - 7.2 @ 9:45 -- drills on high school turf (pace includes drills and walking in between)
  • Fr PM - 2.1 @ 9:17
  • Sa - 13.3 @ 9:04 -- ran w/ friend; slower than I'd have done alone, but maybe good for the weekend after a race
  • Su PM - 4.9 @ 9:00 -- about 70 degrees! All I could get with daughter's all-day soccer tournament
Total: 63.4

PF felt better and worse over the course of the week. I ditched my Ronin's which I'd say have about 1000 miles on them. The Frees seemed to help as they did before because my toes can bend easily, creating less tension on the bottom of my foot when I toe off. It's still up and down though.

By Thursday I was recovered enough from the 8k for a moderate run.

On Friday, I did all the Pete Magill drills (except the skip kicks) and was surprised I could to the the carioca drill. I tried the drills barefoot which felt great except a 35 degree sopping wet field is quite cold! I put my shoes back on halfway through.

1 comment:

Mindi said...

That is effin crazy. 1000+ miles. No wonder you can run barefoot. (Jealous). And very glad you are on the mend