Saturday, December 06, 2008

second run back

Went for my second easy run since the marathon last Saturday. My heart rates are still wacky. I can easily shoot over 150 without batting an eye. My breathing doesn't pick up like it normally would and I don't notice until I look at the watch. My last half mile was actually 9:50 pace and 140 bpm average. On the exact same run 4 weeks ago, I ran 9:08 at 125 bpm. Yikes!

Of course, I've been on a long slide since 4 weeks ago and I think I lost a lot even before the marathon. I'm still scratching my head as to why.

2 comments:

Adam said...

I think the primary issue is lack of video footage. Capturing some of the recovery process on film would surely speed thing along;) My next video is going to be me replying to one of your blog posts...with a few pushups at the end.

Greg said...

Definitely. I'll have to get my son to follow me on his bike.