Monday, May 05, 2008

"memoir"

I was tagged by Mindi.

Rules:
1) Write your own six word memoir
2) Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want
3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
4) Tag at least five more blogs with links
5) Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play

It seems to me that Mindi and those who tagged her aren't using "memoir" in the dictionary sense, so I too will cheat and avoid the pain of writing a 6-word epitaph.

On the drive in to work, I was listening to Jackson Browne's Late For the Sky and heard the lyrics

Now for me some words come easy
But I know that they don't mean that much
Compared with the things that are said when lovers touch

From that, my brain pulled out my memoir: "Words don't mean much." I'll try not to make it auto-biographical.

Sorry, but Mindi tagged everybody on my running blogroll except hubitron and Joe Henderson. You think Joe would do it? I think I'll just be content to be a childless node on this social network graph. Hey, "childless node on the social network" has 6 words!

No comments: