Sunday, May 21, 2023

Duck foot -- ground contact ratio

My right foot swings ridiculously out to the right when I pick it up.  I also felt like I ran with one leg (my left) and just moved my other one to keep from falling down.  I never really worked on this stuff and think I probably left a lot on the table back then by running lots of miles and not getting my body right.  I did some strength/core stuff at times but think my form was probably all wrong.

I have the garmin running dynamics pod that confirms the horror looking


95th percentile bad is >51.5-49.5.  How's 57-43 for ya?

I notice the it's fairly even on uphills and gets terrible down.  Maybe that's why I've always been so bad on downhills.  In the race the picture is from, you run over a mountain (only one hill!). I passed folks on the uphill.  They blew by me with ease on the down and then I tried to reel them in on the flat, but didn't catch the age group leader.

Note:  why can't garmin let me plot any variable versus any other?

Enough geeking out.  Only one number matters -- 198 pounds.

No comments: