Tuesday, June 30, 2009

week of 22 June

MPW 51
52 miles

Monday, June 22
Rest

Swapped with Tuesday. 7.0 w/ drills.

Tuesday, June 23
5-7 mile easy to moderate including 5 x 10 sec high knees up a hill and 4 x 15 sec speed bounds up a hill

Rest (swapped with Mon). Of course they cancelled the meeting I was working around. Oh, well.

Wednesday, June 24
9-11 mile easy run including 3 strides then sprint training:
Use the first few sprints as a warm up and always run in control with good form
8x 10 sec's w/75 sec rests
4 x 15 sec's w/75 sec rests. Full recovery then 3 sets of 3,2,1 min hills @ 5k effort w/1:1 recoveries or easy jog down rests

11.45 miles. Did everything, but forgot the strides before the sprints. My hill was 2:47 -- not quite 3 minutes. Some people walking their dogs might have thought I was a little crazy.

Thursday, June 25
5-6 mile jog
6.0 in 56:40 on the treadmill. Watched Episode 3 of The Wire. Stopped my Garmin mid-run and forgot to turn it back on.

PCC
yep

Friday, June 26
6-8 mile moderate run including 10 increasing effort strides. Run the first stride @ 10k effort and progress your effort every stride so that the last stride is mile effort. Full recovery between strides.

Nice moderate run around the lake. 8.42 miles @ 8:45. 1:13:XX. I think the 75' moderate run is probably the perfect Friday morning run. It's a good addition to the medium/long run workouts on Wed and Sun.

Saturday, June 27
6 mile easy run
6.0 @ 9:17 on treadmill

Sunday, June 28
11-13 mile total run including Antelope Circuit. Full recovery then 15 min out and 15 min turn around beat your time run. Run the initial 15 min @ HM effort (note where you started) then turn around and run the next 15 min @ LT effort. Your goal is to finish further compared to where you started the first 15 min.
Finish w/3 x 150m cutdowns

Did 13.0 + about 0.5 (stopped my garmin when giving a guy directions and forgot to turn it back on). I probably dogged it a little on the first 15' as I made it back to my starting point in 13:53 and I definitely wasn't above LT.

PCC
Did 1x thru. Was running late and had to drive to Norfolk Sunday night and planned to do the other time when I got there, but it was almost 10pm when I got to my room

Forgot to do the core 100 this week

No comments: