Sunday, June 21, 2009

week of 15 June

Stamina/Power Phase
Foam Roller Exercises 1-2 x this week
Weights –Power Core Circuit (PCC) 2 x week
Core 100 1-2 x week – 100 total reps of ab/back exercises

MPW 48
50.2

Monday, June 15
rest

Tuesday, June 16
4-5 mile easy to moderate including 5 x 10 sec high knees up a hill and 4 x 15 sec speed bounds up a hill

5.0 including knees and bounds.
PM: Core 100 and foam roller

Wednesday, June 17
8-10 mile easy run including Antelope Circuit 1x thru. Full recovery then 3 strides and sprint training:
Use the first few sprints as a warm up and always run in control with good form
6x 10 sec’s w/75 sec rests
4 x 15 sec's w/75 sec rests. Full recovery then 10 x 45 sec hills @ 5k effort w/1 min jog rests. Finish run w/3 strides

12.6 in ~1:50. Oops. Totally mis-estimated the distance I'd cover and did 5.0 @ 8:43 before reaching the track and doing the antelope circuit. Tried the stadium bounds but the bleacher were pretty flat and only about 8 rows, so skipped that. Circuit, strides, and sprints covered 2.6 miles. It was ~1 mile to my hill and then the hills covered about 2 miles, getting me to 10.6 and leaving me 2 miles from home.

It was a much better day weather-wise. On the verge of raining the whole time but didn't do more than sprinkle. There was a breeze and it was 63 deg, dew pt 57.

Forgot to put on my HRM. Also forgot to pack my running socks, so I sacrificed my black dress socks. I was stylin'.

Very good workout.

Thursday, June 18
5-6 mile jog
PCC

AM: 5.6 @ 9:37. Last Wed. mentioned I was sore around my left hip. Still am! It got a little better but was exacerbated after the 10k.

PM: Did the PCC. I took a little more rest in between and we ate dinner between the first and 2nd time through. It was kind of nice because I didn't sweat and have to take a shower. I guess I lost some aerobic benefit though.

Friday, June 19
5-7 mile easy run including 10 increasing effort strides. Run the first stride @ 10k effort and progress your effort every stride so that the last stride is at 3k effort. Full recovery between strides.

7.0 @ 9:16 including 10x strides. I ran just a little faster. Still very easy. Avg HR 134. I think my easy days have been indistinguishable from jog days lately. Lazy in the heat, I suppose. Still have the hip thing.

Saturday, June 20
6 mile easy run

6.1 @ 9:27

Sunday, June 21
12-14 mile total moderate run including 1,4,3,2,1,4,3,2,1,4,3,2 min @ efforts below w/half jog rests (ie 30 sec rest after the 1 min). Finish run w/8 strides.
1 min @ 3k effort
4 and 3 min @ 10k effort
2 min @ 5k effort

14.0 miles @ 8:44. Did this on the treadmill. The thermometer in the room read 69 and 50% humidity which beat the 75 and 70% outside at 7am. The treadmill wasn't too bad. I got The Wire for my birthday and watched the first two episodes. It makes in so much easier to watch something like movie that goes somewhere. Endless loops on headline news or espn is the worst. Crime shows are perfect because they suck you in enough to want to see what happens. It was a little hard to follow the show during the intervals though!

The intervals were pretty tough. I did 6:44, 6:31, and 6:18 pace for 3k, 5k, and 10k effort. I messed up the first 3 min rep and did 5k pace. After the first 4/3/2/1, I didn't know if I was going to be able to do it, but I got used to it and it wasn't terrible. The 30 sec rest between 1 and 4 is tough! Unfortunately, I lost track and accidentally skipped the last 3, so I did 1,4,3,2,1,4,3,2,1,4,2. Did the 8 strides on the mills which was just "go faster for a little bit" x 8.

PCC
Yep.

No comments: