Friday, October 03, 2008

ain't as spry as I used to be

I strained my right shin mowing the lawn last night. (I hate %@#$#@ mowing.) This morning I bagged anything fast and did an easy to easy/moderate 10 miles. This afternoon I was the asst coach on my son's flag football team, and since we were a player short, I filled in. Well, it's hard for an old guy to chase down and de-flag 10 year-olds even without a bum shin. I think I should challenge them to 30 or 40 laps before the practice to get them good and tired, so they don't move so fast.

The shin thing seems like a muscle strain (pushing off with my toes while pushing a lawnmower uphill), so I think it will go away fairly quickly. Hopefully it's not a tendon.

1 comment:

Mindi said...

Ouch! I hope that shin heals up soon! Heh, I don't think I could keep up with flag football either!