Monday, May 17, 2010

Carytown 10k results

Congratulations on finishing the Carytown 10K on May 16, 2010.
For your records, the weather at start time was mostly cloudy, 65 degrees F, 70% humidity, NE wind 3.5 mph.

There were 110 finishers in the Male 35 to 39 age group and 1528 finishers in the 10K Run Division.

Your overall finish place was 35, your age group finish place was 5 and your gender finish place was 32.
Your time was 40:21.68 giving you an overall pace of 6:30 per mile.

Your 4M split time was 25:55.09, Giving you a pace of 6:29 per mile, Overall place 38, Gender place 35
Your last 2.2 mile split time was 14:26.59, Giving you a pace of 6:32 per mile, Overall place 35, Gender place 32

The results email pretty much sums it up. It was 5+ degrees warmer than forecast and the expected dew point of 49 turned into 55, so it was more humid too. Checking weather underground, the 65 degrees turned into 69 by the end and although it might have been mostly cloudy at the start, the sun was definitely in the holes! So there's my excuse...

Although I ran 18 seconds slower that 3 weeks ago, I really thought this was a better race and I was in better shape. The weather made it much tougher and the course was also more difficult. I was really overheated when I finished and dumped a couple of cups of water on my head to cool down and get the sweat out of my eyes. I'm frankly surprised I ran as well as I did considering what heat normally does to me.

Splits were: 6:25, 6:28, 6:29 (5k at 20:06), 6:31, 6:28, 7:58 (6:34). I ran the first half just about perfect as the race was net uphill for the first half. I wanted to run a negative split, but it didn't quite happen. I feel like I gave it an honest effort.

I got to talk to Bill Rodgers before the race. He was walking around in seeming complete anonymity. I talked to him for probably 3 minutes and I don't think anybody around us knew who he was. He's just as nice as everyone says and seems genuinely interested in you when he talks to you. After he started the race everyone knew who he was and he had more folks around him after the race. I shook his hand again and exchanged a few words (he asked me my time, whether it was a PR, etc.). All in all a good day.

1 comment:

Mindi said...

Congrats! You are SO close to that sub-40...... Keep it up!

Before you know it the weather will be in the 80s and 90s and you'll be begging for that type of race weather! :)