- Mon. Off. Pretty sore from long run yesterday and schedule has an off day for week, so...
- Tue. 10.1 miles. 21' E1 + 8x(6'E3|1'E1) + 17' E1
- Wed. 4.5 miles. 46' E1
- Thur. 5.45 miles. 56' E1 on treadmill.
- Fri. 10.0 miles. 30'E3 + 2 rec + 10 x (1'E4 | 1' rec)
- about 7:50 pace on flat for first 15 of E3. Kept pace through trail but heart rate rose.
- Sat. 4.80 miles. 49'E1
- Sun. 15 miles at 10:00. 2h30' E1. Surprisingly easy
- Total: 49.5 miles. 8h05'. 9:48 pace
- Weight: 170.8?! I'm 17 pounds above my low from Summer of 2010. I would be crushing it at 153.
I started the slow carb diet on Saturday. Saturday was rough. I was hungry and couldn't think straight. All was better after sleeping though. I thought I'd suffer on the long run, but I was totally fine -- better than expected actually. I also thought I'd be dead the rest of the day after my run, but no problem. I didn't even take my usual sunday afternoon long-run nap.
I'm not pressing the marathon pace bits too much, especially with summer weather. The HRM (and experience) takes the guesswork out of it. I figure I'm good for about 3:30 shape if I run at ~166 pounds. I'm not going to kill myself trying to run 7:30's as MP when I'm not in shape for that. The plan is to train like a 3:30 runner and drop the weight and times.