Sunday, May 27, 2012

week of 21 May - 20 weeks to go

20 weeks to go today (5/27) until the marathon.  A lackluster week of running to start, but I had a renewed focus after commiting myself to run 42.195km.

 - Mo - nada, strangely sore
 - Tu - 5.6 @10:00 on TM
 - We - nada, no sleep
 - Th - 7.9 usual out and back, 9:18 pace
 - Fr am - 7.6 on TM, 78' weight loss level 7
 - Fr pm - 2.0 @ 10:00 on TM
 - Sa - 7.6 on TM, 78' weight loss level 7
 - Su am - 9.1 @ 9:48 at Burke Lake, 76deg and humid
 - Su pm - 3.0 @ 10:00 on TM
Total: 42.9 mile

I doubled on Friday and Sunday, which is always awesome.  I had planned to do 3 laps (13.8 miles) but stopped at two because my legs were sore and I didn't want to start this adventure injured.  I made up for it with 3 in the afternoon.  43 isn't good, but not bad with two days off.  I'll do better this week.

I'm still mulling over how to go about training.  I had hoped to have a plan before today, but... oh, well.  Here's a list of things I think are important:  weekly mileage, weight.  That's about it.  There's a long list of semi-important stuff I can't decide between -- long runs, hills, moderate runs, marathon pace runs, tempo, intervals, drills, strides, core, ...

No comments: